Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches

Join in with Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2011 

This is the post for yesterday.  I got a little tied up.  The post for today will go up a little later. 

The subject is organization.  At the right you will see some of how I keep my yarn organized.  I have 2 of these 8-cube shelves.  The yarn is very generally organized by color.  I spent some time a few weeks back to photograph my entire stash and catalog it online at Ravelry.  This is particularly handy because I can access it online most anywhere with my phone.  But, I also have a pretty certain idea of what I have/need in my head. 

Projects for me are easy to find.  I have managed to only have between 1-3 projects going at a time and they stay in my knitting basket.  I will occassionally use the gallon ziplock back concept for keeping the yarn from getting crazy.  Up above on this same shelf are my knitting and crochet books.  Unlike all of my other book that are of course organized by subject in alphabetical order, these are by size because that is how I got them to stay upright.  So many of them are really big and then really small.  But all are gems and also logged in the library section of my Ravelry.

Be well. Create.  Inspire.

No comments: