Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where are they now?

Join in with Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2011 

There are two projects that come to mind when I think of "Where are they now?"  The first is a felted backpack.  I got this wild idea several years ago.  It is about 85% finished.  All that remains is a flap for the closure and the straps.  I even have the yarn to complete this.  All I need now is the time.  It has made it's way to the top of my to-do's.  Now, I just need to do it.  I am not sure what it's use will end up being anymore.  I think that is why it has stalled so long.  I am certain if I don't use it, Claire will certainly find something to do with it.  Here is what it looks like now.


The other project that is always floating around my mind is the Doherty Sweater.  When my mom and I went to Ireland in 2005 she and I bought a kit to make a Clan Aran sweater.  This project has been taped up in it's box for 2 moves and a LOT of shuffling.  Yet, when I wanted it I seemed to know exactly where is was...in my garage.  The kit include a rough sketch of the pattern and some very loose instructions.  I think this is why I hesitate so much.  But, it did include all the yarn, so I am ahead of the game there.  I would not look for this project from me for a while. I think before I even think about starting it I have to take the pattern and rewrite it, which is intimidating enough.  But, someday I will have them both done and out of my queue.

Be well. Create. Inspire.

No comments: